Fire Watch Security Guard Services
Optimum Security guards are especially trained and certified for fire watch duty. Having trained fire watch security guards in your premises is crucial in order to keep a building safe in the event of a fire. A fire-watch is required when the emergency notification fire system cannot alert building occupants of fires and the need to evacuate them in a hurry. Fire watch security officers are also able to patrol a facility when the site has been evacuated, securing it from vandals and thieves. Our guards will familiarize themselves with your facility and continuously patrol the entire premises for the purpose of detecting fires and transmitting an immediate alarm to the Fire Department and building occupants.
When Is Fire Watch Security Required?
A fire watch would be required if:
- Loss of audible fire alarm warning signals
- Loss of power, including battery backup, to a fire alarm panel.
- Damage to any fire alarm components, making an alarm system ineffective.
- Loss of automatic sprinklers, standpipes, or other types of fire suppression systems in the building with no automatic smoke detection in common areas, corridors, mechanical, and storage areas, (this may include elevators).
- Loss of alarm communication between the fire alarm panel and the Central Monitoring Station.
Optimum Security provides fire-watch services for a variety of facilities, including apartment buildings, commercial buildings, construction sites, warehouses, and more.
Contact us and learn more about our fire watch security programs.